Creative3 | The Awards
Terms and Conditions
The nomination period (“Nomination Period”) commences 9:00am Monday 24 June 2019 and ends Sunday 11:59pm AEST 4 August 2019. Late nominations will not be accepted.
Information about the nominations and how to nominate are part of these terms and conditions. A nomination constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Creative Industries Precinct Pty Ltd; t/a QUT Creative Enterprise Australia, ABN: 82 099 110 924 (“the Organiser”).
Nominations are only open to those aged 18 years or older, as at the date of nomination (“Eligible Nominator”). Nominators must provide their full legal name, email address and name of the business/individual being nominated (“Nominee”) as per the nomination process (Mandatory Information). The nomination will be deemed invalid if the Mandatory Information is not completed at the time of entry. Within the nomination process, Mandatory Information will be marked with an asterisk *.
An expert panel (“Expert Panel”) with two representatives from each award category will be selected by the Organiser. Selection criteria include:
a. The Rising Star, Creative Tech:
Criteria: An Australian startup trading less than 3 years, and or with annual revenue less than AUD$1M.
b. The Innovator, Creative Tech:
Criteria: An Australian scaleup trading for more than 3 years and or with annual revenue more than AUD$1M.
c. The Rising Star, Fashion:
Criteria: An Australian fashion startup trading less than 3 years, with a minimum of x2 collections and generating revenue.
d. The Trailblazer:
Criteria: An Australian champion of creative industries. In recognition of outstanding contribution to the creative industries.
6. The Expert Panel will review all nominations and the top three for each category will be notified and will then enter a public voting phase.
7.Whether or not any particular nomination is an Eligible Nomination in accordance with these terms and conditions is within the Expert Panel’s sole and absolute discretion. The Expert Panel may disqualify any nomination which the Expert Panel deems is not an Eligible Nomination.
8. Every nomination is equivalent to one nomination for review by the Expert Panel. Nominees will be notified of their nomination and requested to provide details as per the Selection Criteria. Nominations are only valid if submitted during the Nomination Period and Nominees have completed the Selection Criteria.
9. The Expert Panel cannot nominate in their own category.
10. The voting period (“Voting Period”) commences 9:00am Monday 26 August 2019 and ends Sunday 11:59pm AEST 29 September 2019. Late votes will not be accepted.
11. Information about the voting and how to vote are part of these terms and conditions. A vote constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
12. Persons voting (“Voters”) can vote for themselves.
13. Voters can only make one vote per award category.
14. Members, employees and investors of any associated companies of the Organiser are eligible to vote.
15. Voting is only open to those aged 18 years or older, as at the date of voting (“Eligible Voter”). Voters must provide their full legal name, email address and select the name of the business/individual being voted for as per the voting process (Mandatory Information). The vote will be deemed invalid if the Mandatory Information is not completed at the time of entry. Within the voting process, Mandatory Information will be marked with an asterisk *.
16. Whether or not any particular vote is an Eligible Vote in accordance with these terms and conditions is within the Expert Panel’s sole and absolute discretion. The Expert Panel may disqualify any vote which the Expert Panel deems is not an Eligible Vote. Votes are only valid if submitted during the Voting Period.
17. Of the top three Nominees selected for the public voting phase, the Nominee with the highest number of votes, for each award category, will be announced as the category winner at Creative3 | The Awards.
18. There is one winner per award category.
19. Category winners will receive an award trophy at the awards presentation event on 3 October between 12pm – 5pm.
20. Creative3 | The Awards is open to nominations from across Australia. If located interstate (outside of Queensland), transportation (including airfares and taxi/Uber) and one night accommodation will be provided to the top three nominees of each award category.
21. The Organiser reserves the right to request that the winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of nomination validity in order to accept the award. Proof of identification, residency, age and nomination considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Organiser. In the event that a winner cannot provide any proof requested by the Organiser or provides a proof which does not establish the winner's identity, age, residency or nomination validity suitable to the Organiser, the winner will forfeit the award in whole and no substitute will be offered.
22. The award trophy remains the property of the Organiser until lawfully claimed by the winner to the satisfaction of the Organiser pursuant to these terms and conditions.
23. The Organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. If Creative3 | The Awards is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated or is interfered with in any way due to any reason beyond the Organiser’s reasonable control, the Organiser reserves the right, subject to the requirements of any relevant permit authorities for the awards, to:
a. cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the awards, where the Organiser deems appropriate; or
b. disqualify any nomination.
25. The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Organiser has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the awards. Any entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the awards. The Organiser’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
26. As a condition of accepting the awards trophy, the winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Organiser and/or award trophy supplier in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
27. By nominating in the awards, the Eligible Nominator and Nominee warrants that:
a. the details contained in and with the nomination are true and correct;
b. they have all necessary rights to enable them to accept these Creative3 | The Awards Terms and Conditions and grant the rights contained in these Terms and Conditions to the Organiser;
c. any details, comments or other material they provide to the Organiser will not infringe the rights of any third parties.
28. To the extent permitted by law, the Organiser is not responsible or liable for:
a. inaccurate/incorrect transcription of nomination/voting information;
b. purported nominations/votes that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, or completed other than as directed in the nomination/voting process;
c. any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
d. the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
e. unauthorised human intervention in any part of the nomination/voting process;
f. electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the awards;
g. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss arising in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to an award trophy winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a winner; or
h. any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the Nominator/Voter/Nominee or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials for Creative3 | The Awards.
29. Limitations of Liability: by participating or nominating/voting for Creative3 | The Awards, except for liability under statute which cannot be excluded, each Nominator/Voter/Nominee agrees that the Organiser, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by each Nominator/Voter/Nominee for any claims, liability, or cause of action for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including without limitation property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the delivery, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of either award trophy, participation in the awards, or participation in any award related activity. The Organiser is not liable for any change in value of the award trophy occurring between the publishing date of these terms and conditions and the date the awards are held.
30. The above conditions do not affect, and are not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Organiser or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the award trophy supplied again.
31. By accepting the award trophy, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the award, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. The winner will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
32. In consideration for the Organiser awarding the award trophy to the winner, the winner hereby permits for their images and/or voices, as recorded, photographed or filmed during their participation in the awards to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
33. Nominees/ winners release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and their associated companies from all liability arising in respect of Creative3 | The Awards. The awards are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with these entities.
34. All nominations and votes will be the property of the Organiser.
35. The Organiser collects personal information in order to conduct the awards and to provide any goods/services you have requested or purchased. By participating in the awards, you also acknowledge that a further purpose for collection of your personal information is to enable the Organiser to use the information to contact you in relation to QUT CEA’s Creative3 | The Awards event. You may opt out at any point by selecting unsubscribe in e-communications.
37. Nominators/Voters/Nominees are not required to provide personal information, however if you don't, you may not be eligible for the awards and the Organiser may not be able to provide you with its goods/services or contact you in relation to the awards or any changes to it. If the Nominator/Voter/Nominee does not truthfully provide all requested personal information, the Organiser may determine that they are not eligible to participate in the awards.